I miss Spain already. I miss the sun that dries my hair in minutes, the girls with their frilly dresses and bangles all up their arm. I miss the smell of lavender in the air as we walk through campus. I miss laughing at boys with their ridiculous mullets. I miss sitting outside as the sun fades away drinking sangria and eating tapas. I even miss the appraising looks I'd get from men. I miss the laid back lazy atmosphere. I want to hold on to that feeling for as long as I can.
I did manage to find out who the boy I was making out with on the dance floor was. His name was Fernando. Appropriate, no? Monday night as Antonio and I were leaving the University to head into Villaviciosa he was teasing me about Fernando. He asked me if he should call and ask him to meet us, and I said sure. The story was Fernando hurt his foot that night we were dancing and had to stay home and keep his leg propped up. I looked at Antonio and said, "I broke Fernando". Antonio just about fell over laughing. I told some of the girls this story and it became one of the inside jokes for the rest of the trip.
Wednesday I met the Spanish girls for lunch. We practiced our Spanish some more. It was hard without Anotonio there to translate some of the things we did not know, but we managed.
Thursday I spent with the students touring the Supreme Court, which is in a beautiful old palace, and some other government buildings. The Supreme Court tour was very interesting, not just because of the surroundings, but because of the symbolism and its importance. Our tour guide was even able to relate some of the symbolism to American history. While Spain is steeped in tradition and history it is amazing to think that their constitution is only about 25 years old. We were supposed to go out dancing again Thursday night, but luckily it got cancelled. I got a really vicious cold and my flight was pretty early the next morning. I spent one last night in Villaviciosa with Kristen and some of the other students drinking Sangria and eating tapas.
Friday morning I packed my bags and left for London. I have lots of stories about my adventures in London. Those will have to wait for another post.
1 comment:
I want to know if they celebrate the 4th of July in London! hee hee. I'm sure there are American's there that do. The fact that your in London means its getting close to you coming back to the States. Yeah for us, probably Boo for you! ;-) We miss ya Dish and can't wait to hear all your stories.
Post a Comment