Monday, December 22, 2008

Bittersweet

An old friend found me on facebook. This was the one who got away because of my own craziness. Looking at his picture with his wife and kids in a pumpkin patch it was hard not to think that I could have had that. We dated for a very short time in college and I left him to, once again, go back to Kindis. We remained friends for years and he would always come to my rescue, even if it was the middle of the night. One night after too much to drink we were standing out on the patio at his apartment and we kissed. He had a girlfriend and, once again, I let him go and settled for less. The girlfriend is now his wife and it could have been me.

I know I am lucky to have the life that I do. I get to travel and take flamenco dance lessons. Yet, when you see a picture of someone you loved, who gave the best hugs, treated you right and was one of the good guys surrounded by his picture perfect family, you can't help but think what if.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Good to see a post from you, thought maybe you had flown off already! I know what it feels like to think what-if, but more than 10 minutes of thinking about it is not good. It wasn't because it wasn't your time yet. Your time will come, just try to be patient.