I met film-boy (come on, they all have to have nicknames) at Blue Fin on North Ave Monday night. It is actually a decent little sushi place. Anywho, we chatted throughout the meal. I was a little distracted by family drama and he was a bit distracted by allergies. Even with that we had continuous conversation. I'm just still not sure. He gave me a hug when we left and kind of joked about giving me a kiss if only he wouldn't sneeze on me. There still wasn't that bit of something that made me want to do it again. I felt even more confused afterward. I talked to a bunch of people afterward- some single, dating, playing around and married. I kept getting different messages from everyone, but overwhelmingly the message I heard was try it again. There are some people who have said that it took a spark a little bit more time to grow between them and their significant other. I don't want to get struck by lightning (because that could be deadly), but for goodness sake, it's spring and there are bunnies. I feel like I am a walking bolt of lightening, but he's antimatter to the spark.
This is more of a question, but shouldn't a guy at least offer to pay? As much as I try to not play mind games, I guess I do. I feel sometimes like I am such an old fashioned girl, but that is partly because I realize that certain etiquette makes life easier. Like, women and children first off of a sinking boat. Really, it is a no-brainer. It bugs me (a lot) if my date doesn't at least offer to pay. I always offer to pay for my half (with the intention of doing so). This guy did not offer and didn't even comment when I put my credit card on the table to pay my share. It was just...odd.
I think being in the dating game is hazardous for my health. Here's to the hope of a different future.
1 comment:
That is kind of odd that he didn't offer to pay. Maybe he thinks you are a modern girl and like to pay (?) Who knows; but I'd give him one more chance. If sparks fly too quickly in a relationship, sometimes they burn out quickly as well.
Post a Comment