This started out as a completely different post, but my feelings are still a little too raw to put out here. Instead, I will write a post that I have been meaning to write for, oh, five months.
At the beginning of the year I wrote a list of things to accomplish this year. It definitely was not a new years resolution, but instead a life revolution for myself. I am hoping by putting this list out here I will re-inspire myself.
Here is my list as I wrote it (italicized items are done):
Go to a mingler
Go to a cooking class
Speak French in Belgium
Horse back riding in Hyde Park
Go for a motorcycle ride (hopefully soon)
Get a tattoo
Change my hair color (this weekend-I'm thinking red)
Go to Feltre alone
Go see a movie alone
Go rollerskating
Go to the Tate Modern
Build my exit strategy (in process)
Be a feminist (there are a couple of things percolating for this one)
Write a poem
Send someone a letter
Make a little something and give it away
Float in an inner tube
Spend a day doing nothing
Do some cloud watching
Fly a kite
Go to a roller derby
Go for a boat ride
Look at old family pictures
Go to an arcade and play Addams Family
Buy a painting
Have my picture taken
Leave an ATM (Always Trust magic)note
Go to the Empty Bottle for a concert
Teach a class
Go to a Cubs game (tomorrow!!)
Go to a batting cage
Speak Arabic in an Arabic speaking country
I made this list so I would shake my life up a bit and do things outside of my comfort zone. I also added things so I would make time to do things that I love to do (like fly a kite). Some of these things are happening because dear friends are making them possible. Some of these things, like going to the Cubs game tomorrow, are happening by fortuitous chance. While I was in London I did not go horse back riding in Hyde Park, but I think that was because I was over their weight limit and I was too afraid to go. I was going to say maybe next year, but this year is not out and who knows what the rest of the year is going to hold.
1 comment:
We can fly a kite next weekend! I used to LOVE flying kites.
Post a Comment