Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where in the world is...

A couple of months ago there was an opportunity that presented itself for a job in a land far far away. It was only a possibility that still has not come to fruition, but it made me stop and evaluate what I want out of life. Then I started working a ton of hours and that thought passed. Recently a position opened up that I really want, but it is a long-shot. It made me once again think about what I desire from life. I sort of fell into my current job and it has given me some great opportunities, but I do not know if this is what I truly want to do with my life. I guess I'm still trying to answer the question- what do you want to be when you grow up?

Then this morning happened. One of the staff in Iraq resigned. A position has opened up at the office in Sulaimaniya that I have a pretty good chance at. I have spent the day alternating between freaking out, laughing and crying. There are so many pros and cons running through my head. Ultimately, this is a chance to follow my hearts desire. Except, it requires moving to Iraq. Well, at least for a year.

4 comments:

Pat said...

And you laughed at me for going to grad school ...

Kandy Christensen said...

No, I said I thought you were crazy and that I was envious at the same time! Iraq is my PhD. Plus I think I might be able to finish up my second MA. We're on for next week, right!

Pat said...

True. But PhDs generally don't involve a war zone. But I'm happy for you, friend. It's good to find your path.

Yes, next week. - Thursday right?

Cora and CW said...

Oh my gosh! I want more details, email me!!