Saturday, May 19, 2007

Time it's not on my side....

So, a couple of people have mentioned that I haven't posted in awhile, I really didn't believe them, but holy cow has it been awhile. There was a lot of upheavel and crazyness at work and then school, and avoidance, etc..

Here is a recap: I got promoted- yeah!! Unfortunately I was not able to 'tell' my old boss off and a few (hah!) resentments have really built up. I really do like my new position plus I have a beautiful office with a window. There are still a lot of challenges and I have to deal with difficult people, but considering the position I was in it is a cake walk. To give you an idea the 3 main people have left in the last three months and one adminstrative person remains who is looking to get out. I have one class and an exam for school and I will have my masters. Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to get my MBA or.... My old boss MCB told me to go get my MBA, but that would require math and I just don't do math. OK, never mind that I do math every blooming day of my life, but I don't think I could handle it in a class! The whole what do I want to do with my life is looming, so I'm going to choose to ignore it.

Today was a good day. I had gotten into the sitting at home waiting for a certain someone to come home and I said screw that (I do have to admit I split a pitcher of margaritas over dinner with a friend!). I've been making a real concerted effort to live my life. Over the last couple of weeks I've really been trying to go out and talk to people. Friday night I went out with Kristy and saw a fantabulous concert at the Chicago Theater (gorgeous space by the way) and it was something that took us both outside of our comfort zone (contrary to what some people might think). I would highly suggest you listen to Arcade Fire because they are phenomenal. It is almost like a cross between Poi Dog Pondering and Depeche Mode if anyone can imagine that.

Today I made a concerted effort to not just stay home and clean the house. I made plans to go to my friend Amy's to do homework and go for a walk by the lake. Of course the CTA is all f'ed up and it took me close to an hour and a half to get there. Once I got there I had a lovely peaceful afternoon chatting and I actually managed to get some homework started. Normally I don't do it until the day it is due over lunch! Then we went for a long a** walk by the lake and it was gorgeous. I really love this city and everytime I find something new it makes me fall in love again. Then Barry called and asked me to dinner and first I refused, but then I called him back and said the dirty dishes can wait (my mom won't mind when she comes tomorrow). I met him at Mi Tierra at Belmont and we had some lovely margaritas and a cheesy filled dinner and satiated and happy I hopped into a cab and came home.

There are so many other things and I have truly missed my blog, but it is time to watch some Gilmore Girls and go to bed.

Good night all and I've missed you.

K

2 comments:

Cora and CW said...

Yay - a new post! I just happened to check while I wait for CW to come home and there it was! So good to hear from you indirectly through this, keep sharing! More from me soon, promise. Miss you! xo

Carey said...

Duane loves Arcade Fire! We will have to figure out what we are doing for the Pitchfork Festival as well. Dinner was awesome too.