All Righty,
My final project is turned in. I took a cab home afterwards (even though the boy offered to pick me up) and when I got home I said we are done. Then we ordered sushi. I thought that was it but then last night we needed to talk about it so he wouldn't be the bad guy. Um, no really, it's not me-it's you! He will be out of the house by the end of the month. It is a relief because I deserve so much more in my life, but I am very sad. I also highly recommend to anyone going through a break up that you skip season 5 of Gilmore girls, especially disc 4. Those would be the episodes of Luke and Lorelei's breakup. Unless you need something cathartic to bring on the tears. If you are feeling severely masochistic then please continue to watch and the final episode on the disc they get back together. I'm booking the social calendar and making plans to get out of town this weekend. Who knew my grandparent's place could be a retreat. Maybe I'll ask Poppy to get the canoe out and go for a canoe ride.
As a woman who has gained even more weight over the last six months (stupid relationship and emotional eating) there is a bit of chafage when I wear skirts. I love to wear skirts and dresses but not when there's discomfort involved. I used to cut tights and wear them under skirts but sometimes if you cut them the wrong length they roll up and are useless. So, I thought spanx would be great. The first pair I bought only went up to my waist, but they contained everything from my waist and my thighs and smooshed it all up to the top. Then I had a roll that didn't exist before. The next pair I bought go all the way up to my boobs, but they won't stay up. They do fit comfortably at the waist and without big roll. Oh dear, that reminds me of an overweight woman I saw when I was a kid (like 5) and she had a roll, but it went all the way around. I asked my mom why she was wearing an inner-tube. I didn't know. Now I feel like a bad person. Back to the spanx. Now the problem I am having is a) these have goofy flaps supposedly to give you room to relieve yourself which just creeps me out. It makes sense if you were wearing them up around your boobs. Maybe I'll sew them shut. I feel like I'm walking around with duck bills in my private parts. and b) they make a swishing sound when I walk, you know, like corduroys. Thanks Carey for sharing your spanx troubles. I think the concept is nice, but really and truly whatever they are smoothing out is just ending up in another spot. I wonder if I could get the tall ones to smooth everything up and tuck it in my boobs.
Here is the rest of my to do list:
Go to the doctor- I've made an appointment at Northwestern to talk to a doctor about my weight.
Fix my credit- It's bad. I declared bankruptcy but it has been about 9 years so I really need to focus on cleaning it up.
Think about buying a place- I'm leaving this in the think about pile and it will gradually move into the action pile. But I feel I've done enough for this month. Finish class-check. End 7 1/2 year relationship- check!
I've got to meet with the auditors and one of the people from my old job (hiss). The auditor won't be a problem, but meeting with the other person will.
1 comment:
Good luck with the old co-worker meeting! I think spanx work the best for people who are 10-15lbs overweight (i.e. not me) who just need smoothing out. It sounds like you are starting down a good path. Put me somewhere on your social calendar, I would love to do a sleep-over.
Post a Comment