flipflops. I am not even kidding. So did the bridesmaids and as Pachelbel Canon in D played wheezily from the CD player held aloft by one of the best guys the bridesmaid flip-flopped her way in the park- I mean down the aisle. That sound haunts me still. My cousin got married in Canton, Illinois this weekend. There was cake and punch. We did not stay long.
It was a long weekend and I am glad to be home. Worn out, but glad. I did have one good score this weekend because my Poppy, mom and I stopped by his favorite antique store in Morris and I found a locker for 30 bucks. It's got 4 cubbies on the left, a tall middle locker, and four cubbies on the right. It is still at my grandparents because I need to figure out how to get it home, but I couldn't not buy it because it was $30. It will be perfect in the study and can hold tons of crafty supplies. $30!
We also had to go to a couple of pharmacies to find some surgical salve for my grandfather who unfortunately because of his past bout of prostrate cancer is currently having to wear a catheter. Too much information I know, but it gets worse. We are at Walmart and at the pharmacy counter and the lady (with super big hair. I mean, I was transfixed by her hair.) said they didn't have any but maybe ky would work. Thankfully we didn't buy any lube and after stopping at Walgreens and then finally finding a medical supply place we found the surgical salve. When we got home and Poppy was telling my grandmother the story I realized they didn't know what ky was. So I, um, enlightened them. Nothing like having to tell your grandparents that the pharmacist was trying to sell you a sexual aid.
2 comments:
Lucky you! I have been keeping my eye out for a set of lockers, but haven't even seen any (let alone for $30)
I knew you'd be jealous!
Post a Comment