I ended up talking to some guy on the train a couple of weeks ago and he told me he was not going to vote because there was no purpose. His girlfriend had in fact dumped him for this (I would have too!). I think of all the people in this world who do not have the freedom and liberties that we do and I can not conceive of voting. Even if you vote for the evil empire, at least you've made a choice and voted. I went this morning before work and had to wait 2 minutes. I think my neighborhood is divided into a gajillion precincts because I passed another precincts voting place on my way to mine. I kind of hated having to fill in all of the lines though. It was a great hardship that took 20 seconds.
So go vote. Oh, but not for the evil empire.
No comments:
Post a Comment