In eighth grade a boy named Joe Dulski asked me out for a date and then stood me up. It broke my little eighth grade heart. Now, over 20 years later we have reconnected. It's all facebooks fault! Granted considering some of the people who have friended (yes, I've made it a verb!) me on facebook, he's one over the years I kind of wondered about. Wendy had a mini-reunion at her house in the burbs and Joe was there. It was odd to see someone 20 years later. Of course the ridiculous part of me thought it would be love at first sight and my search could be over. Um, not so much. There is definitely a friendship developing.
He came to the city last night to see a friend in a band play. It was nice to go out to dinner and feel comfortable enough to talk with, gasp, a man. We then went to see the band play. That was an experience. The band was ok. After a couple of songs they just kind of sounded the same. The fun part was the hookers. Anyways, my point to this whole story was, he asked me what I wanted to do with my life. The honest answer is I don't know. I'm going to school to legitimize myself for the work that I do. Considering I don't have an actual business degree I thought it was important. Now, I don't know. I've fallen into a career path that I'm good at and I like, but I don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I do know that I want to continue to travel and right now school and work give me that opportunity.
My grand master plan is to become the lead singer of a band.
1 comment:
Another friend is always a good thing!
I honestly don't know what I want to do with my life either. I haven't a clue...is it possible to go back 20 years and get a do over? At least you get to travel to some kick ass places for your work! And apparently work gives you time to post blogs! :-)
Post a Comment