Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Instead of a cosmo quiz...

I may have mentioned awhile back that I was stuck with the weight loss. I've managed to lose the Cairo five (they were their own gang) and I stepped on the scale this morning, stepped back off and stepped back on again. I've been working at it. Slowly. I keep eating fresh healthy food and exercising. It was nice to see the numbers on the scale reflect that, but also kind of scary. It is amazing how easy this is right now and that is what frightens me. I know it will get hard again and I know that at least I can maintain my weight. For right now I will just try to enjoy the easiness, which is ridiculously hard to do.

Part of the reason I've been able to eat healthy is due to the food choices available. My lunch today was spring greens, mushrooms, potato, and micro greens all from the farmers market on Sunday. It was so fresh and tasty. Then I ate some sugar snap peas. If I could do a scratch and taste thing right here I would just so you could get a sense of the tasty goodness. I'm talking about vegetables here people. I am rhapsodizing about peas. Peas.

The only down side to life right now is I am still sick. Oh and I'm supposed to be writing my final paper right now. It has been hard to exercise through the snot, but I've managed to at least do some yoga videos at home and a little bit of walking. I'm going to cut myself some slack this week and then hopefully jump back into the swing of things next week.

There is this whole summer of Chicago goodness just waiting to happen. My calendar is already jam-packed. Now, if only the weather would change to reflect that.

No comments: