Friday, June 12, 2009

Sunshine and rain

I did even more cooking. I'm not sure if I've mentioned my lurve of panna cotta. It is so creamy and delic. It is also ridiculously easy to make. I remember the first time I made it that I had a bit of trepidation. The first step is to mix gelatin and water and let it sit. That just seemed odd, almost contrary. Then you heat up the milk, cream and other ingredients and then stir in the gelatin/water mix. I thought I was making jello with whipping cream. Pour into pretty bowls and wait eagerly for it to set in the fridge. Then you get this firm, yet creamy custard that mixes well with so many different fruits. The other night I made Lime yogurt panna cotta, except I only had a lemon so I substituted. That with some fresh farmers market strawberries made for a very sublime desert experience. I'm so glad there is some left in the fridge to look forward to. No, you can't have any.

Let's see, I still haven't finished my final that is due today. That's what lunch is for.

Little Kitty is not doing well. She stopped eating on Sunday, which as many of you know is not her normal MO. I took her to the vet last night and I'm waiting to hear about the test results. That's about all I can say because now I'm getting choked up at work and people look at you oddly when your in your office sobbing alone. Granted, people tend to look at me oddly anyways.

No comments: