Monday, November 09, 2009

Amazing people

I had a weekend full of kind, giving and amazing people and it carried over to today. Friday I went out to the burbs and had a lot of fun playing wii with the girls and then rock band with Wendy. Saturday I had brunch with my mom and went to frugal muse to stock up on used books. I should go visit Pat in Minnesota and revisit some of those fabulous used bookstores! Thank goodness I packed light so I had room in my suitcase to bring them all home.

My plans for Saturday night involved staying home and doing homework. I did manage to do some, but then I got kidnapped and taken to Wrigleyville. It was a friends birthday party who I adore, but I hate Wrigleyville. I hung out for a while and went home early. Thankfully my friend gave me a ride.

Sunday Dan and I went to Sweets and Savories for brunch. They have a prix fixe menu and the food is really good. The service is a little odd, like, hello we'd like some change. I'm all for a 20% tip, but 30% is a bit much. Then Dan took me and my sewing machine to his house. I managed to get through a two foot pile of mending and Dan cut fabric to make a quilt. I'm still amazed that he went from not sewing to making quilts. Mad skills, or he's just mad. Then he was kind enough to take me to Aldi to pick up some groceries. I miss my farmers market. I've got plans to go to the Green City market next week, but it's not the same without my little market. Sigh.

Then I show up for work on Monday and Maria had sent me pie. Every day is made just a little sweeter with some pie.

Now in technicolor!! Here are some pictures from the Air Force refueling mission.



3 comments:

Pat said...

Yes, you should come and visit! We didn't even hit the used book stores near campus ...

Dan said...

Awesome pictures! Once again, I'm jealous of you!

Cora and CW said...

What happened to your market!?

I've definitely missed something, were you in those planes?