Thursday, July 08, 2010

Ode to St. Albans

Whenever I get to hop across the pond I always plan a visit to my dear friends Cora and CW in St. Albans, which is about half an hour by train outside of London. I would be remiss if I failed to point out that they are the most gracious hosts. My visits have fallen into a bit of a routine. I'll spend a day in London visiting all of my favorite places: Camden Town, The Victoria and Albert museum, a stop at Harrods to buy some tea, and lunch at Eat. I find it hard to squeeze in something new, because I have so much fun going to familiar places. I usually take a day to just wander about St. Albans. Guinness and I will take a walk/run up to the manor house to visit the sheep and then I'll go have tea at the St. Albans Cathedral Cafe. One night I'll cook dinner, which is the least I can do, one night we'll order Indian take away (my favorite) and one night we go to The Rose & Crown where I have the best fish and chips and Guinness gets to curl up contentedly under the table. There is a bit of rivalry between The Rose & Crown and The Six Bells up the road. I think the best people only go to The Rose & Crown.

I finally got my pictures developed from my trip in March and below is a little peek into the lives of Cora and CW as seen through my Kodak Duaflex.

This is what Cora and CW see out of their kitchen window every day, or at least the days they do laundry.


This is what Cora and CW see when they walk Guinness in the park in St. Albans, or when Guinness walks them.


This is what Cora and CW see when they go to work every day (except they are usually walking to fast to get to work on time and they do not always look up!).


I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into their day, or what their day would look like if it was 1958.

1 comment:

Cora and CW said...

Love this! Thanks so much!!

So when are you coming back!?!