Thursday, July 08, 2010

Ridiculously Important News

I found underwear that fit. Not only did I find panties ('cause I'm a schoolgirl apparently), but I found bras. I have been looking for underwear that fit properly for years now. Two years of searching for underwear that stay up, fit nicely and do not creep their way upwards during gym class. Of course they were at Target right next to the boy shorts that I wear and enjoy. Except, the boy shorts do not work at the gym. All that bouncing around causes them to head North for parts unknown.

A friend of mine (you know who you are) forced me to go bra shopping. She kidnapped me and made some woman look at my boobs. Some of you may remember when I first started posting my wimply little thoughts out here on the blog that this same friend made me go bra shopping over three years ago. Three years ago. I do not even remember what bra I was wearing, but it was probably something like a 44DDD. I went in and the woman put me in a 42G or 44G. I about fell over, because G is like out of the ballpark. Most bras go A-D. The biggest is triple D. After triple D things get so out of control that they have to just move on down the alphabet. I remember taking that bra home and putting it on my head and it fit. My boob was the size of my head. It was just crazy. Traumatic crazy-not good crazy.

This experience had its own version of trauma and I started breaking out in hives. It's been an emotional week and don't even get me started on my period (just because I missed a pill or two does not mean I should have my period for two weeks straight-seriously). We went to Isabella's on Armitage and Halsted and I think Isabella actually was the woman who felt the need to straighten out my brassiere situation. She put me in a 36E. I was wearing a 42D. Hmmm. Things were definitely different. When I say different, what I mean is my boobs were lifted and contained in the proper manner.

That, in a nutshell, is the life and times of my boobs. Please stay tuned for more titillating adventures. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Great, now I have visions in my head of you running around your apartment with a bra cup on your head. I'm picturing you, like Lucy from Peanuts, running around in a circle, flailing your arms, yelling "ARGHHH" over and over.

Kandy Christensen said...

LOL. I could do a reenactment if you would like ;)