Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Food

Before I left town all I could do was eat. Partly because I had no food in the fridge so I was eating out, then I had a couple of going away parties, but mainly because I was so stressed out. At that point, my only way of coping was eating. Then I got to Iraq, and ironically, I stopped and I could finally take a deep breath (except for the part where I was hacking up a lung-you can read all about it on the other blog). As I was packing I realized I only owned one pair of jeans and I went to the store before I left and bought a pair of size 12 Tommy Hilfiger jeans. They fit, but because of my belly poodge they were a little too tight. The last couple of weeks Kari and I have been working out and cooking together. I have been eating a lot more fruit and veg, and my in-between snacking/binging has significantly decreased. My stress here is of a very different sort. Managing a project, whether in the States, or in Iraq, is pretty similar. It is all about dealing with people. At my going away party at work, I joked and said, "dealing with everyone here has prepared me for the work I am going to do in Iraq". It has proven true.

The point of this story is...my jeans now fit. I have a little bit of muffin top, but in another couple of weeks I think they will fit beautifully. Oh, and my butt looks good.

We're hosting a party this weekend and we have invited a bunch of the expats we have met. My british boy can't make it, but I met a very interesting American teacher and he is coming. Tee hee.

1 comment:

Dan said...

you go girl! btw- I have a muffin top in my jeans also. :-)