Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mr. Darcy

I mentioned in a previous post that I have met more men here in the last couple of weeks then the last couple of years in Chicago. I am also living in a country that does not allow for any typical dating behavior and in fact most marriages are arranged. A group of Americans who teach at a private school here in Suly came to our party Saturday night. It was a relatively small party because so many people were on leave, but we had a good time. I've taken a fancy to one of the teachers. He's so dreamy. Although we have barely spoken more than ten words to each other, I have already plotted out our torrid romance and I am planning our wedding. He did hang out in the kitchen and chat with me for a bit. The bulk of the time we both spent talking with people at the party. As the group of teachers left I went out in the hallway to turn on the light for them. Three of the teachers got into the elevator and my guy was standing in the hallway and before he stepped into the waiting elevator I shook his hand. Wow, was that anti-climatic. Kari mentioned that he was the type of guy to have a Mr. Darcy type of romance. Considering it took Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett years to get together I'm not holding my breath. Sigh.

2 comments:

Pat said...

See, if this was a movie the director would show a scene of your guy significantly twitching his hand to reflect the electric current that shot through it at your contact.

Kandy Christensen said...

As usual Pat, you captured it exactly.