So, I burst into tears at work the other day in front of one of the higher ups. It took me by surprise as much as him. I don't think I realized how much the constant craptasticness has gotten to me. I get that we all have bad days at work, but I can't even point to a bad day, more like a bad atmosphere. Then I had a crying headache. At that point I wanted to dive into a pint of Ben and Jerry's but I didn't. I did have a Skinny Dip though.
Last week I managed to jog for 1.5 miles straight at 5.0 on the treadmill. A friend said that she read you are supposed to do interval training at the speed you want to run at. Last night I managed to run 5 minutes at 5.5, which I was very impressed with myself. Then 4 intervals of 2 minutes running at 5.5 and 2 minutes walking, then 4 intervals of 1 minute running at 5.5 and 1 minute walking, and one final minute at 6.0. I then walked the last 1/4 mile because I was way overheated. It felt really good. I managed to push myself a bit further, which is something I find challenging. I'm going to go home tonight, and do my yoga tape because everything is pretty tight today even with stretching last night.
I want to do more sewing but I just haven't found the time. Summer is always so busy, in a good way, but I'm feeling withdrawal from my crafty self. I bought some fabulous fabric to make a tunic dress and all I've managed to do is wash it. I'm hoping tonight after yoga I'll have energy to iron and cut the pattern out while watching Ghost Whisperer.
No comments:
Post a Comment