Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two in a row!

Pat and I had dinner at Bin Cafe (mmm wine and cheese). Anyways we were talking about books (imagine that) and I mentioned I was in the middle of a ton of books. So, I came home and went through the house picking up books.

Here is what I found:

Moby Dick- Herman Melville
The Sun Climbs Slow- Erna Paris
Crossing Borders- Saher Amer
Fetish- edited by John Yao
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- J.K. Rowling
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies- Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
Gourmet Magazine- August 2009
The Art of Being a Woman- Veronique Vienne
Paris Out of Hand-David Cordingly
Eating My Words- Mimi Sheraton
How to Make Love Like a Porn Star- Jenna Jameson
Confessions of a Little Black Gown- Elizabeth Boyle

On the Kindle:
Wuthering Heights-Emily Bronte
The Reflections of Ambrosine: A Novel- Glyn Elinor
Breaking Dawn- Stephanie Meyer
The Picture of Dorian Gray-Oscar Wilde

There are a ton of other books lying around, but I only listed the ones that I am reading in some shape or form. Some of these books I have been, well, reading, for over a year. I just can't make it through Moby Dick, but I keep trying. There are certain books that I read on the el, certain books I read before bed, certain books I devote some time to on the weekend. There are some books that I just cannot handle reading before bed. That's when I save my fluff reading for! I have to find some discipline because the Kindle means it is easy to read fluff on the train and no one knows. I could not read cheesy romance novels on the train before because the covers just embarrassed me. I can't finish reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies because I don't want it to end. Ever. I think I'll just have to get over that. It will be an interesting experiment to post my reading list a month from now and see if any of these books have changed.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Gadzooks, you have a lot of books going on! I try to read one at a time and maybe a magazine or two for bedtime reading.

Thanks for posting the final 1/2 of your trip! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Pat said...

See, with all those books in progress you could TOTALLY chuck it all and come be a full-time grad student with me. Well, there's the poverty thing, and the sword-of-damocles-like dissertation thing hanging over my head, but otherwise it's fabulous!

Kandy Christensen said...

I finished two of the books!

Wow Pat- way to sell that PhD. You know as much as I think you are crazy I am super envious. I checked and DePaul has two PhD programs- one in computer science and the other in philosophy. I could totally do philosphy!!