While I have been in Iraq I gained approximately ten pounds due to stress eating. On the other blog I noted that somebody told me I had gained weight, well that along with the fact that my clothes did not fit, prompted me to go back to that thing I do. I started eating more salads and working out. That helped, but I was still doing a little stress eating especially at night. I allow myself one desert each night. Not a fat free, sugar free tasteless something, but a real bar of chocolate or an ice cream bar. Keep in mind the serving sizes for candy's here are the real serving size since most of our candy is imported from Europe. Then I started eating nutella on chocolate covered digestives (tea biscuits that are mmmm tasty) plus having my chocolate bar. I announced to my roommates that I was no longer allowed to eat nutella and I am only allowed one desert. Now I think I'm back on track. Playing futbol outside helps allot.
I noticed today that I am sitting with my leg tucked under me. Sometimes I tuck one leg under and then cross the other leg over the top. Yes, I look like a pretzel. I have not done this for years. Some of you who worked at the POL might remember seeing me sit this way. I can finally cross my legs without causing myself or someone else injury.
It's the little things.
No comments:
Post a Comment