I have had a lot of firsts this week. I took my first French lesson (and I totally heart my geeky French teacher), I saw a movie by myself for the first time and I saw a play by myself for the first time. I have been really enjoying my French classes. I have had a private tutor to start with and in January I will take lessons. With the holidays and my vacation to Vancouver I was not able to take classes this session. I did not want to wait so long to start learning French and so I chose to start with a tutor. He makes me speak French. I have to come up with whole sentences about basic things and about things like my paper which was on globalization and poverty. I am loving my lessons. I keep trying to translate things into French as I go about my day and it amazes me how much I remember, but how much I have forgotten. I can remember some complex things, but then I cannot remember simple words. It is starting to come back to me.
A friend went and saw the movie Le Havre and highly recommended it. I decided to go and see it Thursday night at the Music Box and I am glad that I did. First, it was in French, second it was at the Music Box and third it was a sweet gem of a film. It was the first time that I had ever seen a movie by myself and I am not sure why I had not done so before this.
Weeks ago I received a pamphlet from the Steppenwolf for the Garage Theater and I decided to buy a ticket to see Man in Love. It was about the time when I had not been going out much and felt the need to get out of the house. While I am glad that I went, and I find the Garage Theater intimate and easily accessible, the play was not as good as I had hoped. Part of it was not the fault of the playwright, but of the set design.
Who knows what next week will bring.
A friend went and saw the movie Le Havre and highly recommended it. I decided to go and see it Thursday night at the Music Box and I am glad that I did. First, it was in French, second it was at the Music Box and third it was a sweet gem of a film. It was the first time that I had ever seen a movie by myself and I am not sure why I had not done so before this.
Weeks ago I received a pamphlet from the Steppenwolf for the Garage Theater and I decided to buy a ticket to see Man in Love. It was about the time when I had not been going out much and felt the need to get out of the house. While I am glad that I went, and I find the Garage Theater intimate and easily accessible, the play was not as good as I had hoped. Part of it was not the fault of the playwright, but of the set design.
Who knows what next week will bring.
1 comment:
Next time you go to a movie alone, sneak in wine and chocolate :). My friend from Northern Cali taught me the necessity of solo movie nights!
Post a Comment