Thursday, September 14, 2006

sewing away


I wanted to post at least one of my recent sewing accomplishments. This was refashioned out of a long brown/black taffeta poofy skirt that just did not fit. It did not really fit when I bought it about 6 years ago. Nothing has altered that fact! I cut off the waistband and then had all of this fabric. So I left the zipper in, shortened the length and added some black crinoline at the bottom. I did this while waiting for my sewing machine to be fixed and so it was done by hand. I hope it will stay together.

And here is a closeup of the trim-

The chair it is sitting on is an Eames plywood molded chair that I found for one-quarter of its normal selling price at a Victorian antique shop on Ashland. It really did not fit in with what they are selling at the shop. I love this chair and from reading Apartment Therapy it seems to be one of the things people hate. Except I found this chair, it is an original in beautiful condition and it suits our apartment. End mini-rant.

I bought a boat neck black shirt from Vive la Femme that will look great with this skirt. Now I just need somewhere to go!

No comments: