(This image is explained below, but I had to lead off with it because it is so happy!)I stayed up late (for me) last night cutting up pieces for the quilt I am making for our bedroom.
I currently have 112 colored pieces, and if I've done my math right I need to cut 448 pieces of muslin. I am going to make one block and measure it and figure out how big this thing needs to be! I might also decrease the number of blocks and frame it in white so some of the blocks have a bit more color. We shall see. Here is a poor photo of the strips of color. Yes that is hot pink you see.

I was on the train this morning and a woman passed out. She just slumped to the ground and luckily the train was full and the other passengers softened her fall. People are sheep. They are standing there twiddling their thumbs. The intercom/emergency button is on the other side of the train and people were not communicating with each other. Another lady standing by the door reached up to pull the red lever there, well that would have opened the doors and spilled other unsuspecting passengers on the tracks. Luckily I saw her and told her what it was for, and yes, those doors will open while the train is moving. The woman on the floor stirs and everyone is saying lets help her up. I and another gentleman said, no don't move her. I just can't believe how clueless people are in an emergency. You make sure they have vitals, get the person comfortable and wait for medical personal. She got up and walked out at the next station. Sheep.
I am also working on a purse, which I'm not sure if I am keeping for myself or giving it away.

Well, if I give it away it won't matter because it is not as if you can see the fabric in this picture. One final project is a bit of a secret still, but here is the fabric for it in a teeny picture on the right.I had bought some frozen food from the Japanese market and so last night S and I had crab legs (also purchased from there), steamed crab dumplings, and corn tots. I'm not sure how to describe what the corn was because it had a bread crust, chunks of corn, and a creamy dumpling center. The crab was not so good, but the rest was tasty. I had also bought a soda and when you open the bottle you have to take the cab and press it on the top. Then a marble drops down into the bottle which is designed to hold the marble towards the top. It was really cool, plus it tasted good. I loved the picture of the orange on the bottle.


I am going tonight with a friend to the Chicago Cultural Center to see an exhibit of women's art from around the world. Look at me being all cultured. The rest of the weekend will be spent sewing, cleaning and doing homework. I also have to go cheer on some friends at the Chicago Marathon on Sunday. Those people are cracked- that's all I have to say about that!
4 comments:
Where are you??
In case you're looking for another project, thought this was a nice idea but also has a lot of potential carry over onto other projects with the different tips like masking tape and velvet dots... don't be surprised if you see something from me at some point with a similar vibe to it. Click here (Hopefully the link works, if not you should be able to go directly to www.owescreativeideas.com)
p.s. sorry that was www.lowescreativeideas.com but it looks like the link works :-)
You are evil. I am now going to have to go find some decent wine just to wrap it up and give it as a gift. I've got tons of muslin which isn't as sturdy as the drop cloth, but would definitely work.
Post a Comment