Monday, October 16, 2006

Sweets with meaning

Someone at work gave me a small chocolate filled with chopped hazelnuts. Mmm. Sweetness tempered with the crunchy nuts- a perfect spot of something for the mid-morning doldrums. Cause I've got doldrums today, let me tell you. S and I are fighting about the same thing. Again. My chocolate came with a message "Amore e la tempesta del piacere e l'incanto delia dolcezza". Translation-Love is a storm of pleasure and an enchantment of sweetness. I'm waiting for my sweetness.

I do not have much to show for my sewing efforts from this weekend. Trying to do everything correctly, wash the fabric first, then iron it, then use a pattern and cut it out properly is quite tedious. I spent Saturday washing and ironing fabric. By the time I was done with that about all I could handle was lying on the couch and watching The Chorus. This movie about troubled boys really showed how a good teacher can make a difference. Considering I am trying to come up with my own identity and philosophy of teaching this movie was a small blessing. Overall a really good movie and perfect for a lazy Saturday. It reminded me of another French movie called To Be and To Have which was a documentary of a rural schoolhouse in France. This was another touching and inspirational film. I know S is working a lot of overtime, but having my Saturdays to myself is a really nice. Shh, don't tell, but sometimes I don't shower all day! I put on comfy clothes and wander about the house doing chores, cooking, and crafting.

I was going to meet my mother at IKEA on Sunday morning. She called to tell me she was in the parking lot and I told her to meet me on the third floor. She called me back to say there wasn't a third floor. She was at the Bolingbrook IKEA and I was at the Schaumburg IKEA! We'll try that again some other time. I rushed through IKEA knocking over wandering people with my cart. I picked up what was on my mental list, and not a tschotsky (sp?) more. I was going to try to buy some fabric, but half of it didn't have a price tag and there was no one there to cut it. Useful IKEA. A very useful section of the store. I then went to Mitsuwa a Japanese market and while I felt completely lost, much like I was in a foreign country, it was a trip. I bought some food and I'm not 100% sure what everything is. I'll find out when I cook it. I also bought two craft books, one book of skirts that are modern and beautiful, and the other of fun stuff. The skirts will be a challenge, but I think I'll be able to figure it out.

First I have to finish up the projects I've started. Must finish. Except there is a little fabric store around the corner from work. I wonder what they have in stock today...

1 comment:

Cora and CW said...

Both fabulous movies and highly recommended indeed! So tell me more about this teaching thing! I haven't a clue (little by little getting through your most fabulous and life enriching blog)!