Monday, June 09, 2008

New attitude

I don't know if it is Spring, the fact that I've edited my profile, or my new attitude, but I'm getting more 'hits', for lack of a better word, on match. Hmm.

I went to the Gap for the first time in ten years Friday night. My shopping experience was mildly hindered by the attendance of flirty-boy. He volunteered to go shopping with me. Who does that? Let me rephrase that, what man does that? Since I had someone waiting I could not dive into all of the clothes as I wanted to. I had no concept what would fit and so I kind of wanted to try a ton of stuff on. I did end up with a Greek style black jersey dress that will be very useful for traveling, well, along with looking real nice on me. I bought a pink and white checked dress shirt that is a bit snug in the boobs, but considering they are still shrinking it will fit properly soon. I went upstairs with flirty-boy to look at boy clothes and that is where the Chuckies were hiding. I found a pair of pink Converse shoes and I hugged them to my chest with glee. Then I kind of freaked out because when did I turn into such a girl. I had to put the shoes down and walk away.

We then went to Banana Republic and some of the clothes kind of scared me. Keep in mind this is the first time in ten years I have gone some where besides Lane Bryant or, my relatively recent forays, into, Old Navy. I also don't think any of the Banana clothes would have fit, but I did not feel comfortable with my body, or my companion, to check and see.

I am still stuck at the same weight as I have been for the last 8 weeks. It is time to shake things up. I am definitely going to have to go to the gym more. I'm happy that I am staying at the dorms in Madrid because they have a gym and a pool. I wonder what size the pool is and how am I going to figure out what a mile is in the pool or on the treadmill! I tried using the rowing machine this weekend and I got blisters. Oh my poor soft lily white hands. I spent a summer rowing a boat at my grandparents place in high school because of all the cute boys on ski jets. A whole summer. I'm out of practice with the rowing and the cute boys.

1 comment:

Dan said...

ummm, I went clothes shopping with Amy one time and she bought lots of clothes- very quickly too! So, in answer to your "what kind of a man goes shopping with a girl" the answer is guys like me do! hee hee hee Not the answer you were looking for...or were you?

How far is a mile on a treadmill or pool in Spain? Probably 1.6 kilometers! hee hee

I'm filled with wisdom today, aren't I?

Do you think I'll be able to see you before you leave on your trip?