Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Think twice before answering

I know when I set up my okcupid profile that I answered a lot of questions. Somewhere along the way I must have answered a few questions that dealt with sex. My profile has a little picture of a dominatrix on it. I do not know a) how it got there, or b) how to get rid of it. I'm very open minded when it comes to sex, and while I choose to talk about it right here on this very blog, I do not tell everyone I meet my sexual proclivities. While sex, especially when I am not getting it, is an important part of my life, it is not the thing that defines me. I would like to be judged on my wit, charm and intelligence. Who am I kidding, men just care about sex. If I have assets I guess I should use them.


I had a guy email me and I may have been willing to meet him, except the part where he said he was "into kink". Well, that's fine and dandy, but not what I want to hear in your initial email. I feel like I should put a disclaimer on my profile, "Please do not bring whips and chains to the first date". I understand that there are some sites that cater to, shall we say, hook ups, but my profile pretty clearly indicates I'm not looking for that. I am, but just not through okcupid.


I received an email through match today. It was actually from somebody who put some thought into his email. I really should email him back, but I think I need to sleep on it.

No comments: