Friday, August 22, 2008

That 'war'

I adore men, really I do. They are quite useful and often they smell good. I would not mind having a man in my life. On the other extreme I hate them. The gym was not too crowded last night and so I went to do the arm weight machines. I am still not 100% comfortable over here, but I'm definitely getting my own groove going. I went to go use two different machines. On one a man was just sitting there. On the other machine there was a towel hanging. Fine, I get it, you want to rest your muscles in between sets, but seriously I could be done by the time you get back. It is just frustrating. Plus they have their own stinky part of the gym with big honking weights. Go over there and be all manly. Yes, I know I'm being totally sexist and I want to divide the gym up by gender. I just get so frustrated because here is little ol me just trying to figure it all out and not have a panic attack. Grr. Men. Maybe I should just join curves. Ugh.

The other great divide for me is comic books. I remember reading some of Kindis' in high school and I loved them. I also remember how devestated he was when he came home from school to find out his mom had tossed them all. I never went to a comic book store because of my own anxieties. I went the other night because a friend from work had opened one. Until that point I had only read 1 1/2 comic books. One, The Last Man, the owner had brought for me and the other, The Watchmen, was a gift from flirty-boy for my birthday. I love them. I get all caught up in them. So the comic book store had some very stereotypical (the guy on the Simpsons) characters, but also some other girls and cute geeky guys. My friends were super helpful and I think that I've fallen a little in love with the genre. It makes me sad that it took me this long to go to a comic book store. I have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments: