Thursday, August 28, 2008

Brave New World

I had a very lovely date tonight. Yup, that's it. Lovely date. I really shouldn't complain. He had all of his teeth, I think. He was relatively well put together. He was a perfect gentlemen. He kept pouring me sangria (good man). That was about it. I'm glad I went on the date, but I'm not sure if this is going to lead to anything. He offered to walk me home, but I was kind of tired of thinking of things to say. This is me after sangria, so...I gave him a hug at the train and walked home.

I picked up the phone to call Kristi and let her know that I had not been kidnapped by an ax wielding alien and there was a message from kissing boy. Even when you take away the part where I took him home, the conversation Sunday night had a certain frisson of excitement. Maybe if tonight's date had happened first. Wow- this really helps me understand what happened to me in February.

I had a talk with nurse Kristi because I have not been out in the real world for many years. I've put some unmentionables in my purse. Just in case. Really, who is this girl.

1 comment:

kris said...

who is this girl? the girl who has been there all along..silly..