Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All over the map

This post is going to attempt to cram a whole days worth of nonsense into three paragraphs or less.

Today I got to breath into a plastic tube. That is the least raunchy way I've managed to put that. Nothing like telling your employee you have to 'blow' something. I had a pulmonary function test and the good news is my pulmonary functions. I do not have any serious illness and barring any other interpretation from the doctor, I have asthma. Phew. Now I just need to learn to live with it. The running up six flights of stairs thing probably wasn't the best way of taking care of myself. That falls under the I forgot I had asthma category.

I dragged Dan to a charity event with me. Big hugs and kisses to Dan. I am supposedly on the junior board of this charity and I really do not do much. I didn't even realize I was on the junior board until my name showed up on a list. Long story short...I am going to resign a position I didn't even know I took. I went to the event tonight as my last hurrah and because I had rsvp'd yes. Talking to another friend I realized my heart is not in it. There are other things that I love to do that I would much rather devote time to. Like, I don't know, sewing that quilt. I wonder where that is...

The final is I am in heart with this woman because I want to be her, sans children and dogs. I adore her aesthetic. She is only buying handmade or used items for the household or closet for a year. I think that is something I need to do. That does not mean that you cannot get stuff, it just means that you either have to find it used, re-purpose something, make it yourself, or buy it from someone who made it by hand. I do this to an extent, but I'd like to see how much better I could be at it. Granted Dan mentioned he'd like to see how long I could go without buying new shoes. Anyone know someone who makes shoes. Preferably really pretty ones. Anyone? This might be harder than I thought.

3 comments:

K said...

I bet no shoes for a year would help build up a nice nest egg/cushion...just sayin:)

Dan said...

It was great to see you last night Dish; even though we didn't mingle and make tons of new friends. We found a good Riesling though!

You forget to mention in your last paragraph how you are going to do this for 1 YEAR! Have you changed that length of time already? And...when does this challenge start?

Kandy Christensen said...

Yes, eggs in a basket would be lovely. The challenge has already started. I'm trying to figure out if I'm allowed to buy deodorant. I can, right? Or do I have to make it. Maybe I didn't think this thing through. Shoes are clearly a no. Right?

You incognito posters are kind of cracking me up here. I'm guessing I know who K is. I figured out who Me was thanks to the picture!