I completed two full sewing projects in the last month. Two completed projects. I almost feel like I need to say it again, but I won't. TWO! Ok, I'm done now. I made the octopi dress for myself and even wore it to work. I got a ton of comments, especially since I wore it on such a dreary day. I then sewed a purse that was just waiting forlornly to be made. Thanks to a sewing trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics with Dan awhile back(thanks Dan) I even had everything I needed, except for the leather bit to loop around the front close button. I was going to just skip the button, but while trawling the blogosphere I saw someone used an elastic hair band clasp for the same purpose et voila-problem solved. My purse looks very similar to this one here, except a couple of swatches are a bit different and my trim is chocolate brown. I was kind of impressed, if I do say so myself. It is not quite my style, which is good because I needed a birthday present for my grandmother.
I'm feeling a definite rhythm to my days. I am not sure if it is a part of getting older, but I am even more conscious of the change of the seasons. I think that is partially because my food choices are dictated by what is available at the farmers market. Most days I either go to the gym or come home and work out (thanks netflix), then I make some dinner, spend an hour sewing, watch some Stargate and go to bed. I manage to squeeze a little bit of sewing in each night and it has been good. I think in the past I have tried to do too much at once and I would rush things. Then I would get frustrated and upset because something got messed up. I would feel the anxiety and frustration build and usually I would erupt into tears. This time around things are much more calm and it is something I look forward to doing each evening. It helps that I've got two pretty impressive projects under my belt.
I have another pile of mending to tackle. This morning while looking for some muslin I stumbled across some wool. I think a little cape is a definite necessity...
1 comment:
Anytime you need a ride to Joann's, I'm up for it! You have been way more productive than I have been- I might need to bring my project over to your house next time! I'm thinking as Fall quickly approaches, maybe another stitch & bitch?
My sister has wanted a cape for years, but can't find one anywhere! She'd like it in red (hint hint- ha ha)
Post a Comment