Sorry- I couldn't resist. Oh and Dan if you really want a red cape all you have to do is ask ;)
I had a CT scan done of my lungs yesterday because the doctor wanted to rule out the possibility of blood clots. I went to Northwestern outpatient radiology and they hooked me up to an iv and pumped some iodine into me. Thank goodness they told me before hand that I would experience some hot and cold sensations and feel like I peed my pants (my words). Nice trick there iodine. Technology is amazing these days and I had the results within ten minutes. I got dressed and walked out the door as my doctor was calling to confirm the test results were good. I have no blood clots or abnormalities. The abnormality part might be debatable.
Now I am learning to live with asthma. I'm still trying to distinguish between stress tightness, asthma tightness in my chest and hunger. That last one probably sounds odd, but I lived for so many years ignoring my body. It was only two years ago that I was 20 pounds shy of tipping the scales at 300 pounds. I was a master of not feeling- not feeling my emotions and not feeling my physical body. Body awareness has been one of the biggest changes for me. It still is hard though to figure out when this body is hungry. Lately it has been hard to figure out when I am tired because I think my body has been starved for oxygen.
Tonight I am going to go to a yoga/pilates fusion class (I call it yoplait)and feel what my body can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment