Wednesday, July 25, 2007

doing good things causes anxiety

While the doctor's appointment was all light and sun and smurfs dancing about the aftermath has been more like Hansel and Gretal finding their trail of crumbs has been eaten up in the forest. I'm probably the one who ate the crumbs! Just poking at this stuff has ratcheted my anxiety level up a notch. I've also been really busy lately (lots of fun stuff so I shouldn't complain) and not having down time is having an effect on me. I'm also studying for my exam which is taking up a lot of time. Thankfully I have a wonderful study group and yesterday we were discussing John Donne's poetry. Have you ever read his poetry, if not you should because it is all about s-e-x. The law school library is the mid-point for all of us and so while all of the law students were furiously studying things like torts and briefs we were talking about, well, you know. What else do you expect when a poem is titled "Self-Love". Seriously. That might be the most action the law library has seen in a while!

They are doing work on the blue line which is good because then it will mean that the trains can go more then 10 miles an hour, but it is bad because the trains are only running sporadically after the evening rush. I had to wait half an hour for a train and then it took over half an hour to get home. It was weird because you could see workers on the side of the tracks while driving by.

The whole point of this post really is that my brain worked overtime yesterday and now I have nothing. No motivation, no desire to really do anything and a whole pile of work waiting for me. I pick things up stare at them and set them down.

I am wearing my new wide legged black jeans today with my new grey shoes and they are quite cute. I am also on day two of trying new perfume. Day one was a rose based perfume that worked really well with me. Today is supposed to be sweet pea and other flowery stuff. It does smell good but it really isn't me. This is part of the sampler set by Yosh I bought myself for my bday.

I'm supposed to start readying Much Ado About Nothing today but I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle it. I also need to start leaving my desk for lunch. I eat every meal here or at home in front of the tv. I'm on season two of Angel though and it is hard to resist!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths. It really does help.