I turned 33 last Friday. While I thought I had no grey hairs apparently I do. The one my friends gleefully found was really little though, so does it count? Plus with my hair color they just kind of blend in and look blond until you hold them up to a white piece of paper, and then yup, it's a grey one. I had a wonderful relaxing weekend at my grandparent's place with some friends. We pretty much ate, floated in an inner tube, ate some more, and then went and floated some more. Next day more of the same. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend. My only complaint is that my grandmother, even though I tried to make it so she did not have to do any work (we brought all of our meals and prepped them ourselves) made work for herself. I like to be left alone when I am cooking and unfortunately took much of what she said I took as criticism. I think food is her one way of showing love, unfortunately she pointed out that I don't move much and have gained weight and in the next breath was shoving a lemon square at me. Cause even though we said we had it covered, nope, she had to make more food so we had two deserts. Other then that bit of neurosis on her part (and mine) it was good. My Poppy was happy because he had people to give boat rides to.
I went to my appointment this afternoon at the Wellness Center (nice name.). The doctor I met with was fabulous and we talked about my eating habits and outlined what we were going to do next. She mentioned surgery but we agreed it was a last ditch effort. Right now I'm supposed to be keeping a food log, wearing a pedometer, and I'm supposed to find a swimming pool. I don't have to go to it, but I have to find it! I will then go back in a couple of weeks and meet with a dietician and have an eating psych evaluation. Then in four weeks I go back and meet with the doctor again to see how things are going. The weirdest thing is she checked my weight from my last physical and over the last nine months I've gone up a dress size but lost 3 pounds. Even after the weekend of food. Of course I was all anxious about it and got back to work and had a mini- oh my god it is my fault I didn't tell a certain person to do their job. But I made a phone call to a friend and reminded myself that it is not my job. Now I'm back to my version of normal.
While I made it to the food doctor I completely and utterly missed a therapy appoinment, which I think is a first. The last six months have been so chaotic that I forgot to write down the appointment. I will see her next week, but I'm going to have to figure out where to find the money for two sessions. Ugh. Plus my insurance doesn't cover the nutritionist. Every time I think I'm going to be a bit flush I start a new expensive endeavor. No cute shoes for me. Granted if I could eat healthier and lose some weight I've got a bag of clothes downstairs that has some cute stuff in it.
Oh my goodness I just realized that Carey is coming to visit this weekend. My how time flies. See you soon!
1 comment:
It wouldn't be so great if I knocked on your door and you asked me what I was doing there!! Good for you on going to the Wellness Center.
Post a Comment