Dan- when it is summer we will go dancing in the park to whatever music Chicago has decided to play (swing, salsa, techno) and give lessons to. Not like I've been wanting to do that for, I don't know, over two years.
I've been possessed by a woman who is completely foreign to me. This woman does things like buy sexy underwear, expensive conditioner, perfume and frilly hair bobs. She also gets facials and buys shoes. I went to Anthropologie on Friday after work because I needed a splurge to celebrate the fabulousness that is me. I think that I was feeling stuck with my weight and a little overwhelmed at the work I still have to do and I wasn't living in the moment. Now, in this moment I've lost 55 pounds. That is a whole heck of a lot of weight. It is also, goodness knows, how many miles swum, walked, ran, and climbed. Along with pushed, pulled, hefted and resisted. So, I went to Anthropologie with every intention of having a big splurge, but instead a bunch of mini fun popped into my bag. I felt pampered and satisfied. All was well.
Then I went to my facial on Saturday and I walked out feeling zen and blissful and I walked by the shoe store that I have been avoiding for months and my zen feet just turned and walked in. I was wandering through the shoes and turning some over and gasping at the price (of course I was doing that in my head because I would never be so gauche in public) when I found myself seated at a wide bench with boxes of shoes surrounding me. I had been in this store before and the sales staff were wonderful then but I wasn't ready. I honestly felt too fat for such beautiful shoes. Ironically even though it seems like all I do is buy shoes I was actually replacing my burgundy Dansko's who had died two years ago and a pair of black work pumps (that should have been declared dead two years ago!). The black shoes have about a 2 or 2 1/2 inch heel but they are so comfortable I think I can actually walk in them to and from the el. If you would like to visit my shoes you can of course come and see me, or check them out here: farylrobin.com. I got the duomo in black and the entworth in sunset. I love that the duomo is an updated version of a very 40's shoe. The one time payment that I requested for the overtime I worked better show up or else I'm going to have to lock myself away for awhile and save up money for rent!
I'm going to the doctor this afternoon because I am still hacking up a lung. I am so tired of coughing. I am hoping some strong drugs will relieve me of this problem.
1 comment:
On the off chance that I might sound too gay (even for me!), those shoes are CUTE! Especially the Duomo. The Entworth is cute too- reminds me of shoes from Saturday Night Fever. Dinner Friday night was fantastic. We should get a big group together sometime and all go. I raved about it at work and told everyone they should go. You know what else we should do- and I think Amy has done as well- we should do the early morning yoga at Millenium Park. Hopefully, your medicine will kick the bug you have- and soon. I have found that you must do small splurges on yourself every once in awhile; otherwise it just builds up and then I go on a big shopping binge and regret it later. Everyone deserves to spoil themselves now and then. I'm sorry about Professor man; but like you told me after my date in Oct (yep, it's been that long), sometimes you have to stop questioning it and let it go up to the heavens because you'll never get an answer. Basically, boys suck!
Post a Comment