The call of the peeps is strong. I had to run to the currency exchange to get quarters so I could do the bloomin' laundry. On the walk back to work I passed the Walgreens across the street and my feet started gravitating in that direction, but I cursed them and wrangled them back into heading in the correct direction. I think the peeps force may be strong. I still have not lost any weight but my body is definitely shifting. Clothes that were snug a couple of weeks ago are loose. What is really funny is my pants fit in the waist (thanks to the poodge), but they sag in the butt. I brought up my spring clothes, which are clothes that fit 4 years ago. The outfit I have on is so retro 2004. The only thing that has changed are the boots because that pair wore out. I think Kristy hated them because they were chunky. Well, obi wan your lessons have been learned and now I wear cute pointy toe shoes with sleek, sexy heels. My goal this week is to get on the treadmill. I think the hacking has been relatively contained thanks to the inhaler the doctor prescribed.
I had myself a little pity party on Friday and ended up at Old Navy. Nothing like $8 shirts to pick you up. I managed to score a $10 dress too. I did not have any spring clothes. My closet was all black, black, black, orange, wool, wool, wool, sweater. Not really conducive to those Chicago days where it can be sunny yet chill in the spring time. I hauled up some spring/summer clothes from storage and that helped inject some color into my closet. In fact there are a couple of shirts from storage that are already heading towards the clothes too big pile. I read recently a quote by Tim Gunn that stated people tend to wear their clothes a size too big. I noticed that when I put on the dress from Old Navy because it was form fitting and it made me look good.
I asked my mom to bring me my old high school jean jacket to my grandparents for Easter. I put it on and a loud expletive completely fell out of my mouth because it almost fit. My grandparents came running because they thought there was something wrong! I was just so surprised. I still can not button the bottom, but the rest of it fit.
I'm looking forward to spring. I especially love when it is still a little chilly, but the sun is shining. I'm also trying to be a bit more positive because I am tired of this funk. I started making the list of what I want in a man and instead of saying something like, I don't want a man who is a drug addict; I made it a positive wish and said, I want someone who has a healthy lifestyle. There were a lot of other desires and needs on the list. I guess we shall see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment