New update. He called back and left a message saying he had to teach class Monday night, which is an appropriate excuse (whatever). Then he said he would be 'in touch'. What does that mean? I would like to point out that I have no patience and I want to know when he will be in touch and what kind of touch are we talking about. Luckily my normal theater going friend was willing to come out on a school night. You know how you have certain friends for certain things. I don't mean to categorize people but there are certain people you call to have a good laugh, or a good cry, or go ice skating, go to the bookstore, etc. So if I've pigeon holed you in a certain category, I do apologize but you are there for a reason. Once again it is all about me.
I went out to dinner last night with a speaker who came to talk on International Women's Day, my old boss, and some of the students. It is always an enlightening experience because no matter what the subject my old boss is a teacher. I walked away last night with my head crammed full of knowledge. I don't know how to explain it but he's family and sometimes that can be difficult but more often then not it is a gift.
I no longer actually pick up the phone and talk to Kristy, I just leave her cryptic remarks on my blog. Yesterday I complained to her that I could not stop coughing. At one point yesterday afternoon I told a co-worker that I wanted to chop off my head if it would just make the coughing stop. I asked nurse Kristy what to do and she asked, "Do you have any narcotics in the house?". My initial response was um- no, but then I rememberd I had a super special stash of vicodin from the accident. She gave me some scientific reason as to why the narcotics work but all I heard was no coughing. I popped a vicodin last night and I slept the night through. No coughing. It was fabulous, until I woke up and started coughing again. I took 1/2 a vicodin today and the peaceful langour is spreading throughout my limbs and making my head nice and fuzzy. Oh, and it stopped the coughing. I think I'm even more cracked out then I was yesterday. Whoo hoo.
1 comment:
I take it I'm the one you go ice skating with? What happens when it's summer? No more Dish? lol
Post a Comment