Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I have been smoted

This may fall under the category of TMI so if you don't want to know, then don't read any further.

In my last post I said that the "date went well". That was actually an euphemism for I had s-e-x. Really good s-e-x. The kind where you lose your mind momentarily and float in a blissful fog. He went home that night because he had to work early the next day. Before he left, after many kisses at the door, we talked about seeing each other next week. I woke up in the morning with that lovely man smell on my pillow. I had forgotten what I was missing. Well, it is next week and I have heard nothing from him. I texted him on Monday because I was in his neighborhood and I did not hear back. This is actually odd because he'd been in the habit of sending me sweet flirty texts. Now silence.

The next day I told myself if that was all it was going to be, then that was fine. It helped me get over a big huge mental barrier in my head. When you are in a relationship for 7 1/2 years, and have my neurosis, the notion of getting it on with anyone else is kind of foreign. It also did big things for my self-esteem. I only had a momentary twinge in the midst of our encounter where I thought, oh my god, he can see my squidgy bits. I got over it pretty quick. He made me feel beautiful and that is a powerful gift. Plus, I was never the type of girl who could have casual sex. This was kind of liberating for me.

Unfortunately, I was the casualty in this encounter in more ways then one. Yes, I know, bad play on words. I woke up yesterday with a freaking UTI. I felt like God, or higher power, or whatever, was punishing me. I mean seriously. I finally decide to give up some of my, oh so famous, control, go with the flow and get over it and the universe smites me.

I got an appointment with the doctor yesterday afternoon. Her office is not far from my house so I walked there. They gave me a prescription for some nice strong antibiotics. I walked down Milwaukee, stopping at Fluevog to buy myself some pity party shoes (they said I was the first person in Chicago to buy them!), and went to Walgreens. They told me their computers were down and they could not fill my script. Cue minor tears. Thankfully I was wearing big sunglasses. So, I walk to the train and head to the pharmacy on Western and Milwaukee. I could not remember if it was a CVS or Walgreens. Guess what, it was a Walgreens, and their computers were down. This would be the point where even sunglasses could not hide my distress. I contemplated trying to take a bus north because there was a pharmacy up there somewhere, but by that point I was physically not capable. I went home and had a minor panic attack and a good cry. Luckily Kristi offered up her husband to take me to the pharmacy.

Normally I don't mind being single. Being single and sick sucks. It would have been nice to have a man, well, or a car. Ironically ex-boy called as I was laying on the couch watching Battlestar Galactica and trying to regroup. He offered to get my drugs. So, here I am with an ex-boy calling and no call from the current boy. Oh, the irony.

I'm still trying to have hope. Not so much hope that kissing-boy will call again, although that would be kind of nice. Just hope that there is someone out there for me. I've fallen out of the saddle (literally and figuratively!) and I just need to dust my arse off and get back up again.

3 comments:

Carey said...

I think buying $300 shoes must be kind of like having sex. Oh hell what would I know I have never bought $300 shoes. I agree that this encounter could have had a different ending, but I would be happy this ending too. The UTI was not the universe smiting you. That is what happens when you haven't had really good sex in awhile (long). Miss you!

Dan said...

I could have bought lots of sex for the price of those shoes!! ha ha
You will find someone out there for you Dish, I am confident of that. Sometimes it takes a lot of searching...trust me...I know these things.

Pat said...

Just when you thought it was safe to read your comments, I'm going to throw a little May Swenson at you! (In honor of our one year anniversary of that horrible exam and because it's true.)

I'm the one
who'll be with me
for the rest of my life.

I'm the one
who'll enjoy myself,
take care of myself,
be lovable, so as to love
myself for the rest
of my life.

My friend, you have come so far in such a short time. It's natural to want everything to work out while you're on that roll. But allow yourself to slow down and just be ... love yourself. Listen to May. And then have a piece of chocolate and a metaphysical orgasm.