Monday, February 27, 2012

Nesting

This is a pretty random post, but here goes! I have decided that I get to start over. I set an alarm and woke up this morning, showered, cleaned up the house a bit and sat at my desk. I made a list of things to do and then I started cranking through the list. I worked through the day on some things personal and other things for Meandering Design. I felt like I accomplished a lot today.

This last month I have been eating horribly, sleeping horribly and over all feeling like crap. I have been binging in the evenings on all kinds of food and all of that has caught up with me. Emotionally I am climbing back out of the abyss. That is in part due to an outing in Andersonville with a couple of friends. It was a beautiful sunny day and they let me poke about in dusty corners to my hearts content.  Physically I feel like I need to clean myself up. Speaking of cleaning up, a friend and I each have a copy of the book Clean by Alejandro Junger and we are going to go through it together. I started reading it yesterday and last night was the first night I did not binge in quite awhile. I have not started the program yet, but I'll keep you posted. 

In the midst of grief I nest. I stenciled the wall in the living room and I love it. It looks like a modern interpretation of flocked velvet wallpaper. 






I have also ordered curtains through etsy and I can't wait for them to show up. I'm debating buying a new slipcover for the couch, especially since I got paint on it last night. I am thinking either a chocolate brown or dark grey. I've ordered some fabric swatches.

I talked to my grandmother today and she said while she was cleaning out Poppy's closet she found his camera and she wanted to give it to me. It is an old 1960's sears camera that I used to use all the time when I was a kid on vacation. I am also going to take some of the old "Poppy shirts" and make a quilt for my mom. There will probably be enough shirts that I can make a few. Let's see how long it takes me to finish it! 


1 comment:

Cora and CW said...

Love the stencilling, great job! Looks really professional!

What fun, that camera will be SO special I can only imagine!

And what a clever idea with his shirts! I'll have to bear that in mind, my mom is clearing out my grandparent's house this weekend now that my grandmother is gone and maybe she can find some treasures like that for me to do the same!