Tuesday, October 02, 2007

We now interrupt this program for...

Sharing is caring and because I care for you all I am going to share my horrendous experience with a box kit of Sally Hanson's bikini wax. Since I was going to be getting back into the pool (for valid excercise reasons plus there is also promise of a whirlpool and sauna afterwards) I thought it would be a good idea to be a modern woman and wax my bits. Not all of my bits mind you, just the ones that may be visible from my thoroughly covering swim suit. So, really not much. I followed all of the directions including the one that said do not do more then a two inch strip at a time and the one that said leave a big glop at the end to grasp. They did say grasp, but I may have been the one to add glop.

Then I grasped and went to pull and nothing. I could not grasp the end of the wax. I did manage to get a bunch of wax on my fingers and it was like crazy glue. If I could not get my fingers unstuck then how was I supposed to get the wax off. That would be the point where I started to panic. I'm sitting on the side of the tub with goop all over me that I can't get it off. I could at least look at it with the handy dandy mirror that they included in the kit. I read the instructions trying to find some way to uncement myself and all the instructions said was do not get on clothing or jewelry- um what about myself!! I finally managed to scrape up a section and rip it off and a smidge came off. A smidge! After another twenty minutes of scraping I managed to get most of it off. I scrubbed my hands and my parts with salt scrub and that helped. I finally scraped the rest off in the shower this morning.

I would highly not recommend this product unless you would like to spend an hour of your life freaking out in the bathroom.

1 comment:

Carey said...

I think this is funnier than Boots peeing on the bathroom rug this morning. I caught him and picked him up, but he kept right on peeing. It was like holding a malfunctioning squirt gun. He was mad because I dared to give him leftover wet cat food instead of fresh. He has a rough life.