Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ack!

I'm just going to back up...


Work has been rough, but it is partly my fault because as usual I stepped in and picked up the pieces and now I'm resentful. I've been sharing an office with flirty boy because there were appointments set up and it was just convenient. All right fine, who am I kidding, I get to spend more time with flirty boy.

Ex-boy came and picked up the rest of his stuff. That was a stress-filled day and involved many outreach phone calls. Thank you everyone. I think the final stage of grief has kind of settled on my shoulders like a mantle and I need to shake it off. I'm giving myself this week to wallow a wee bit.

Dan and I decided last minute to go ice skating. I was going along just fine until I started to feel like I finally got it. I then pointed out this kid that was whizzing along and planted my face into the ice. I have no idea how I fell. I was admiring the kids because they would go along and then whiz bang fall down and get up laughing. I got up and said I'm done! Luckily I didn't hurt anything permanently but I do look like a lobster clawed man beat on my leg. I also wrenched my other knee a bit but I think it will be ok. I want to go again because it was so much fun. Considering it is going to be two degrees out I don't think that will be hapening any time soon.

I'm a bit stuck with the weight. Not horrendously stuck, just a bit. I would actually go to the gym tonight except it is mobbed with people. I'm going to go Friday a bit later after work. I might have to swim because my knee is still a bit sore. There is another gym opening up in Logan Square in March but I don't know if I can wait that long. All of these New Years people need to forget their resolutions and be done with it. I had a good routine and it has been ruined.

Last Friday flirty boy and I went to see an old Mae West and Cary Grant movie called She Done Him Wrong at the Gene Siskel film center. It was a great movie. We also ran into about 3 people from work on our way there. Good thing nothing is going on.

I get to move my office this week back to the 9th floor and my window. Sadly I lost Fred (my plant- doesn't everybody name their plant) in the other move since someone stole him. I think that will help my mood immensely. Just being in this other office with a window helps.

I had a someone at work ream me out for not giving him an immediate answer even though I had given him an immediate answer. Then he was saying- don't get all defensive and sorry I rung your bell. WTF. And what does rung your bell mean? Yes, I was defensive because what I did for him wasn't even my job and I went above and beyond and got him the information immediately. Then he tells me it shouldn't have taken 4 email exchanges- huh?! Part of me thinks I could have handled it differently and just let him blame me for it, but then the other part of me is like no- not anymore-no way. I was walking home and I think I did get upset and it showed, but it felt like such a co-dependent/addict exchange. He was blaming me and instead of taking the blame I was shoving it back on his shoulders.

Sorry I've been so absent. I miss having the space and time to post, but hopefully that will change soon. I don't know how much longer I can continue at this pace. I keep reminding myself Cancun soon!!!

3 comments:

Carey said...

When someone tries to ream you out for something that is clearly their problem and not yours you say, "I am sorry you are having a bad day, but please don't make my day a bad one too". Usually when people are freaking out about something stupid, they are having a problem somewhere else in their lives. They need to be reminded that you are not the source of their real problem and they cannot be allowed to treat other people like that. Good to hear from you and sorry about the ice skating boo-boo!

Dan said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with an injured knee from skating. Mine still hurts a little bit too-damn punk kid running into me! Doesn't he know I'm old and it takes me longer to heal?! ha ha
I think I've seen-She Done Him Wrong! I like Mae West movies- but they are hard to come by, hardly ever on tv. If you run across one and you don't already have a "non date" to go, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Kandy, you are so strong and you don't give yourself enough credit, but remember that friends are here to help and share your pain, grief, excitement, etc. AND help you to enjoy your new adventures to come. Definately give yourself time to wallow, you deserve it! When I hear of people that haven't wallowed or grieved I know that it will eventually catch up with them and not turn out well (i.e. Brit Brit). I like your new hair cut with bangs Kandy, please wallow so you don't shave your head or attack my car with and umbrella!! :)