I don't even know where to start to recap the past couple of weeks. I think the best way to describe it would be a lot of high high's and low low's.
- Girls night is one of the best things invented and invoked in like for-evuh.
- The movie Stardust is brilliant. I had read the book, and you know that can go oh so wrong, but it was just spot on perfect. It almost, but not quite, rivals Princess Bride.
- I love sushi. Wendy came to visit and this time there were no shootings. We went to Sushi Mirai on division and I ate myself into a sushi high. We then went to Jerry's over on division, which is quickly turning into one of my favorite places to hang out.
- Rose and Dr. Who have been seperated and I cried-lots.
- My past and my present collided. My thanks to everyone who offered support. Even ex-boy, who I contacted in the middle of the night while in the midst of emotionally falling apart, offered some hope. It was someone elses story, so that is why I haven't really put it out there and I'm shaken, but ok.
- Flirty-boy came over to meet some of you. I had a fabulous evening, even if I didn't win.
- With that said though, I have to let this go. I'm going to go to Cancun next week (whoopee), that will give me time to regroup, and come back and seriously deal with this on-line dating. I realized though that for a rebound relationship I didn't do anything harmful, but this isn't going to go anywhere. I also realized that if I don't let this go then I miss out on the thrill of the chase. I want to be chased damn it!
- Work should return to normal next week. It has to because I want the other part of my life back.
- I am almost moved into my new/old office. I love my window.
- Just be warned that Kristi now has esp and it is freaky. If you are thinking of doing anything that might not be a good idea, she will know.
- I swam a mile. I know, a whole mile. I was on a bit of a high from that yesterday. I'm going to the gym this afternoon and then out with the old boss and his harem tonight.
- My goal is to go to cancun and eat, drink and be merry, but also make sure I find time to do healthy things, like go to the gym or take a swim. Do you hear me Dan?! We can go jogging on the beach, or I could walk really fast while you jog in circles around me! I've worked too hard to drop this weight and a vacation is not going to throw me completely off course. I hope!
- Gym buddy and I took a pilates class last week and I almost died. 25 minutes into it I looked at the clock and prayed it was only a half hour class. It wasn't. I don't know how but I managed to make it through. There were a couple of times I had to pause and catch my breath, or rub a burning muscle, but I made it through. We are going again next week. I almost wish I didn't know how painful it was to do! What makes this even funnier is that gym buddy and I would watch them waving their arms and wiggling their legs and think that it had to be so easy. Mock not, lest ye be put through the wringer!
- I miss you all and greatly appreciate your comments. Regular posting shall resume next week.
2 comments:
Regular posting can't resume next week- you'll be in Cancun. I will probably be taking my gym shoes, etc as Barry has already mentioned it. Although, I hope to be doing a lot of walking and that will count as some exercise.
That's AWESOME that you swam a mile! you'll have to teach me how to swim better in Cancun- I'm not so good.
I think Pilates is a kick butt class like hot yoga is. I was fine my first class, next one I almost died- could do the last 20 minutes or so of the 90 minute class. Now I look at the newbies there lying down in the middle of the class and smile to myself- I was just like they were. Class is much easier now and Pilates will be too- just keep it up! I tell you-you'll be running the marathon with Shay and me in October!
Love ya!
Girls nights DO ROCK! :) I am so proud of you not having given up on your workout and already being proactive when you are on vacation.
I hope that you all have a wonderful vacation and I would be jealous, but since I am going on SPRING BREAK 2008 I really can't be too jealous.
Oh, and as for the online dating . . . two of my friends from California are in town this week for a conference. I had dinner and drinks with them last night and BOTH are now in "serious" relationships with guys that are literaly perfect for them - looks, academics, interest, age, passions, etc. It is truly unbelievable. Online dating does work! Unless you are Shay and Ruben Studder sends you a message back . . . .
Post a Comment