A repository for random musings, romantic notions, cooking accomplishments (and failures), my latest crafty endeavor and daily life. Note-I do not live on a moor, but adore Wuthering Heights, hence the title.
Sunday, October 09, 2011
Cookery
I love to cook. I love the process of selecting fresh produce and finding something to make. Except for a couple of things, like an industrial Kitchenaid mixer, I have my kitchen set up the with everything I need. Over the years I have fallen into certain habits. I have a specific bowl that I use to mix bread. It is a cream deep bowl that I found over ten years ago at Cracker Jax. The bowls used to hold buttons and you could buy half a cup of buttons for about three dollars. I had seen that bowl for years and one day I saw the two dollar price tag and it was mine. Today I was looking for a bowl to mix up the pie crust for my apple pie and I found myself reaching for that bowl even though it meant I had to get the step stool to climb up and get it. I also pulled a large wooden spoon out of the drawer--the one I always use to mix bread. The spoon makes sense because functionally it is the best for mixing dough. I have other bowls that I could use, but only that bowl will do.
One would think that I am only crazed about my bread bowl, but I also have only one bowl that I can make guacamole in.
P.S. There are paragraph breaks, but apparently blogger does not want to publish my post with the paragraph breaks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well that's a new look for you. :)
Post a Comment