I'm in a mood today. Normally I try to be small, hunch myself up in a little ball and stay out of people's way because I'm overweight. That probably doesn't make sense, but you see, when you are overweight then you don't have the right to exist and share the same space that other people do because you are an affront to their senses. Not today. Today I had Leonard Cohen playing and an unintentional swish to my hips and it was my path and my way and if you were going to get in my way then I was going to walk right through you. I think people sensed that and stepped aside, or at the very least, did a little lean that took them just off my path.
Still no word regarding last Friday's dating attempt. Time's up. I'm moving on.
There was a really tall guy on the train today wearing a short sleeved white dress shirt and his arm was above my head holding onto the pole. When the train would make a turn or break he would lean in closer. He had a tape measure attached to his belt and that made me wonder what he did for a living because he didn't dress like the rest of the drones. I surreptitiously glanced at him and then glanced up to his hand left hand. I then continued the rest of the trip staring at the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment