I may need an intervention. I finished the fifth season of Buffy in a week. OK, It was longer then a week but even the three weeks it took was way to short of time to watch a whole season of a show. Can I just say Spike. Oh my gawd, Spike. Love him. The fact that he was only meant to be on the show for a couple of episodes and is still going strong (have you seen his abs) just shows how brilliant he is. If anything happens to Spike people- don't tell me. So, as you can see I have a problem. Even the magnificence that is Mr. Darcy in Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife can't keep me away.
I am up down and all over the place. I am trying to be positive but just even being back on this floor has made my shoulder all hunched up like Quasimoto and I'm in pain. Plus when I shut my door I get no air. My office gets all stale and funky smelling. Somebody pointed that out to me, that maybe I should get a fan because it was stale in here. Plus it smells like the perfume of the girl who was in here. I'm sorry I displaced her but really can you take your scent with you.
I had a really great pilates class last night. I was breathing and remembering to keep my abs engaged. Normally my abs don't want to be engaged with anything but the layer of smooshy stuff that insulates and protects them from the harsh cruelties of the world. By the end I felt very relaxed and open to the world. I guess I was having a zen moment. Then I started my walk home and I realized it was late and I was fine until I was walking down North avenue and then I turned off North and was walking through my neighborhood and I then it hit me- no one knew where I was. No one knew I went to pilates class and I was walking home by myself. Plus since I don't see anyone on the ninth floor at work anymore (people who know I show up for work every day), then no one would know if I was dead. 'Cause of course in my demented mind I was about to be kidnapped (like Clive Owen was in the Children of Men. Oh Clive.) and my body would be thrown into the river and I wouldn't be discovered until weeks later when kayakers ran over my body. After almost hyperventilating I reached home safely, watched some Buffy and went to bed. Next time I will make sure to tell someone that I'm going to pilates class.
1 comment:
Try a tabletop air purifier for the funky smells and stale air! I am glad you made it home from yoga ok. I have had the same feelings before and they are no fun. Buffy is awesome!!
Post a Comment