Friday, August 10, 2007

One minute

I am ready to write some grant proposals and get them out the door, but first we have to talk about them. I don't want to talk about them I just want to do them. Plus talking about them means I have to talk to the dementor. I've decided that is his new name. Let us just hope I do not call him that to his face. My student worker just sent me a brilliant link on Yahoo about how to deal with difficult co-workers. I'll keep it in mind with my next interaction because this morning didn't go so good. He also just told me that Potter says 'Expecto Patronum' to expel the Dementors. I'm going to start chanting that. It will be the litany that keeps me safe. I just hope I don't say it out loud.


Random things...I went to the nutritionist yesterday and when they weighed me I had lost 4 pounds since I was in 3 weeks ago. I have to find another Pilate's class because that is what had to have done it because I have definitely been doing some emotional eating. Garrett's popcorn anyone?

I had another wonderful study group last night. Going home that late has been a test of wills because the blue line is running on one track from Grand to Damen. I'm sure it also helps that often times the air conditioner doesn't work and with the humidity it is about 110 degrees out.

I have some art to hang on the walls of this office, but I just need to bring it in. It has been so hot though and the trains so crowded that I can't even deal with carrying it to work.

A friend got married. I don't know if she is reading but I owe her a congratulations email. I kind of wish I had been invited but I wouldn't have been able to make it since it was in Vancouver. Plus it stirs up all of my own feelings of failure about my relationship. Again with the remembering- it's not me it was him.

Back to acting like a June bug and bumping up against the same wall.

No comments: