I spent the majority of my time yesterday in meetings. How do people get work done if they are in meetings? When do you find time to do the work you discussed in the meeting? Most of my meetings are actually productive but occasionally I find myself in one that doesn't even relate to my work. I normally don't care to have a blackberry and I find it quite rude to check those during a meeting, but at times like that I'd love to have one. Instead I try to put a serious look on my face and day dream about running off with Spike. Oooo Spike.
I finally saw the Buffy musical and it was brilliant. I actually look at it as research for my English exam since we are discussing the conventions of romance. I would definitely say Spike is a rake. He is sort of a blood sucking Mr. Darcy.
I was pretty stressed out by the end of the day yesterday and I really wanted to reach for the frosting when I got home, and instead I grabbed the yoga mat. Even as I type that I'm not sure who that person was that decided yoga would be a good thing. And it was. I had a light dinner but was still craving a little something and so I made strawberry shortcakes. This is not your typical strawberry shortcake, it is homemade shortcakes (which are insanely delicious), with a whip cream/mascarpone cheese mixture sweetened just a smidge and topped with fresh strawberries. Oh, I indulged all right, and rolled about in the mascarpone cheese and delighted in the tart sweetness of the fresh strawberries and...I think too much romance has seeped into my brain.
No comments:
Post a Comment