I bought something new. I saw a moleskin day planner and I picked it up and put it on the counter and I bought it even though it was non-refundable. Then as I walked out of the store my friend pointed out that I just bought something new. Merde. I did not even buy shoes. One would think if I was going to go prancing off to the store and buy something new I would slip up and buy a fabulous new pair of shoes. Me, I buy a dayplanner. A very original artist designed dayplanner.
I did buy a used copy of a business planning book. If anyone has any experience writing business plans or by chance has a sample business plan please contact me. I will bake for you or hem your pants.
Today I am very excited because I am going to the Newberry Library after work to hear Jean Howard's speech entitled "The Political Fortunes of Robin Hood on the Late Elizabethan Stage". I quoted her in my paper about cross-dressing women in the Renaissance. The Newberry Library even has me listed on their website. It warms the cockles of my heart. I miss being an English major sometimes. I also had to think about my wardrobe choice this morning and I put on my black and burgundy plaid tights that I bought at Urban Outfitters in Madison over ten years ago with a black skirt and white shirt. Things like this are important if you are going somewhere you may meet your future husband.
Done:
Drafted a mission statement
Wrote memo homework assignment
Bought tickets for my Chicago-Brussels-London-Chicago trip. Squee!
Registered for mingler event in February
Picked up dry cleaning
Worked out Monday and Tuesday
Got my lady parts checked
Started my list of 35 things to do before I turn 36, which has been extended to the end of the year, because really, I turn 36 in 6 months.
Finished reading a book that I cannot remember the name of because it was bleh.
Finished reading Lonely Werewolf Girl and I was sad to see it end.
No comments:
Post a Comment