Friday, January 22, 2010

Hopes

Sometimes you find inspiration in the oddest places. I stumbled across this the other day and I think I'm going to have to add it to my list of things to do. My list is slowly growing. Now I am going to have to start doing things.

On the list is "be a feminist". I need to figure out a 'to do' item for that. I was reading Grit and Tender Membrane, a book that has been sitting in my pile for years. It is a mixture of poetry and journal writings. I found bits of poetry floating about my brain. It made me want to reconnect to a part of myself that I had tucked away. I do not hide the fact that I am a feminist, but I do not feel like I have been vocal enough about my beliefs. What does being a feminist mean in this day and age? It is something I am struggling with.

On a completely different note I had some absolutely delicious Earl Grey tea for breakfast the other day. I highly suggest checking out the damn fine tea.

Done:
Picked up fabric for a 1950's Vogue dress. Total cost for the absolutely fabulous fabric and pattern under $25.00.

Went to sculpting class.

Picked up my Cornelian ring from the Silver Room. Now it does not fall off my finger.

Got my eyebrows waxed.

Took a nap.

Worked on my exit plan.

Finished sewing the legs of my bloomers (yup- bloomers).

Went to church and then the farmers market.

Did the hard yoga even though I really did not want to.

Did a couple of episodes of a French podcast just in case I need some French this spring.

Made Cauliflower and brie risotto (threw in some mushrooms for fun).

Did pilates.

Laid on the couch!

No comments: