Today's post is not very sexy, but it is something that has been floating about in my head. For the last couple of weeks I have been anxious because of the litany of things that need to be done. It was this ginormous running list in my head and it was making me feel a wee bit overwhelmed. Last night I started making a list of things to do using the Cora method. For those of you unfamiliar with the Cora method you draw a picture of a little box next to the item you need to do. It is very satisfying to then be able to check the box off. Now there is room in my head to think about more important things. Oh look, shiny.
I made my list and checked it twice. Then I highlighted the things that needed to be done this weekend. It helped make the list doable. Some of the things on that list are things that need to be done in the apartment. For example, Sheska saw I had a waffle iron and I could practically see the wheels start turning in her head and I knew a recipe was going to get cranked out. Alas, the waffle iron does not have a cord. I know it works because I used it at some point (oh about 4 years ago), but I think I threw out the cord because it was an electrical hazard. For want of a cord the waffles were lost. Another item that could use some attention is my broken stereo. My rear speakers (huh huh I just said rear) have not worked for over two years. I would like to look at used stereo systems (still trying to keep to that 365 day thing). Then I heard that the play station 3 could stream netflix and I think I might need check if that is an option.
One nice thing, ok, one of the nice things about having a man around, is that they did things with electronics that I never knew I wanted. For example, ex-boy set up the speakers in the kitchen for me. I was able to cook and listen to music while he watched TV in the other room. I do not require a huge television and a gaming system, but it would be nice to stream video on the TV instead of my very little laptop.
Done
I read somewhere about a woman who keeps track of her done list instead of her to do list. Seeing all of the done items is much more satisfying.
Today's done list:
Signed up for Goodreads (thanks Cora for the recommendation).
Ordered cord for waffle iron. Sadly Sheska will be gone when it arrives.
3 comments:
Done list is an awesome idea! I am going to implement that for the house to-do list.
I should put you in touch with my friends Jodi and Andy. They're both techies, so they can help you with any computer stuff. He's a boy, so he can set up other electronics. And they are both vegetarians who love to cook. I bet you'd be able to swap some to-do items!
It really helps to see what you have accomplished. Just checking off the box makes me want to move onto the next item. Simple minds-simple pleasures!!
Pat- that would be awesome. I think this is going to be a long term project!
Post a Comment