Friday, December 14, 2007

6 minutes

I'm losing my girls. While I am ecstatically happy to fit back into my clothes it is a little odd to have so much shrinkage on my top half. I know they won't disappear, but I'd like them to stay luscious. I made it to the gym last night even though I really did not want to go. At all. It was one of the best choices I made because man was I uber-cranky. Even crankier then when I don't get fed, if that gives you a point of reference. I made it to the gym and I was just rearing to go and so I warmed up, stretched out my legs and cranked it up. Last time I tried jogging at a 4.7 and it was just too slow and so I turned it up to 5. I managed to do two full minutes and then slow down to a walk for 3 minutes for three sets. I would have done more but I was getting a blister on my foot because I'm wearing shoes that are 1/2 a size too small and so I loosen the laces too much. My shoe predicament is absurd and so I think I'm going to go to fleet feet and ask for shoe help. Six months ago if you would have said I would be jogging (a little bit) I would have laughed in your face. And yet, here I am. I kind of want to go faster.

I was having the Christmas blahs but then I hung up some lights and put up the goofy drunk Santa my mom got for me and sprinkled a couple of candles about the house and I felt better. I still haven't put up the tree because that requires vacuuming. I really hate vacuuming. It doesn't help that my vacuum cleaner is my mom's old one and parts fall off of it while I'm trying to vacuum. Plus it smells like dog. I think I was feeling a little sorry for myself because it is hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it is just you. I mean Little Kitty really doesn't care if there are twinkling lights, but I need to care.

The work holiday party was great fun. There is such a change in me because last year I sat at an isolated table with just the people I work with every day and this year I was table hopping. I didn't care what department people were in I was going to visit. I also won a set of guns that shoot soft little balls in the present raffle. There was much laughter and quite a bit of rejoicing on my part. I've yet to break those suckers out.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Very important to have proper shoes if you are running! Yes, fleet feet can help you. I need to go there myself and get some new shoes- mine are really old! They will actually have you run a little bit and see how your feet are- do you run on the inside of your foot, the outside, etc and will make sure you get the right shoes. You might even want to take your current shoes in if there is wear on the bottoms of them as they will show what part of the shoe gets used the most